Friday 12 September 2014

Daily Diaries | Days Filled With Nothing

Ok, so my days haven't been completely filled with nothing, but it certainly feels that way. Because my foot has been oh so painful, I can't drive, I can barely walk; which means I can't really leave the house.

I went back to the doctors, who sent me to A & E, only to find out that one doctor is telling me to rest and the other is saying to exercise......which do I do?! Good ol' NHS.

I've been catching up on True Blood and Gossip Girl, watching Breakfast at Tiffany's (I am in love with Audrey Hepburn) and baking some peanut butter and oat cookies.

Although, yesterday, me and my father did end up going to visit my grandmother, and we went for a Toby Carvery. Never had one before, and I had the nut roast. So delicious.

Oh, I've also been reading "Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe" by Jenny Colgan. Seriously, I can't put it down!!

8 comments:

  1. Love Gossip Girl and anything Audrey Hepburn. The PB and oat cookies sound amazing makes me want to bake now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're sooooo delicious! I might post the recipe up here when I get round to making them again :) X

      Delete
  2. I had a co-worker once who would always joke about doctors saying they literally are 'practicing medicine' (no disrespect....more funny pun than jab at practitioners) It's sometimes so difficult to know where to turn when one professional is telling you one thing and the other is on a completely different page! I hope your foot gets better soon either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I had no idea what to do so I just walked on it and then rested it a little (best of both worlds, eh?) It's much better now though, so I guess something worked :) X

      Delete
  3. I love Audrey Hepburn too and all of the movies of hers that I have seen. :) I'm sorry you're dealing with a foot injury. I was born with clubfoot, so even though it was fixed when I was a baby I still deal with foot pain at times as a result. It's the hardest thing when you don't want to move because of pain in your foot. I hope that your injury heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! The worst thing about foot pain is that it affects a lot so every time you move it starts hurting :( It seems to be on the mend so something worked :) X

      Delete
  4. Even though you say it's been filled with nothing, it sounds like an amazing week to me! Love all of these things, except for True Blood, which I haven't watched yet. I've heard good things though.. we'll see ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start watching True Blood! It's sooooo good and compelling (although it's quite gory and there's quite a bit of sex in it...)!! X

      Delete